We all know that a huge number of chefs, restaurants, and foodies have websites, blogs and Twitter accounts. Social media is an excellent platform for us to talk about and share pictures of the food we so love.
Instagram is a simple social media platform with an emphasis on a single photo per post. Instagram’s visual and instant nature makes it a perfect medium to show off what you are currently eating or cooking.
With Instagram crossing the 50 million user mark in May of 2012, there’s bound to be some good food related accounts in Austin right? This post serves as a mini directory of Austin, Texas based restaurant & chef accounts on Instagram that post often and mostly pictures of food:
Austin Fine Dining on Instagram
- tyson333 – Tyson Cole, Co-Owner / Executive Chef @ Uchi
- philipspeer – Philip Speer, Executive Pastry Chef @ Uchi
- pqui – Paul Qui – Top Chef winning chef of East Side King / Uchiko
- jkwwatty – Josh Watkins, Executive Chef of the Carillon
Austin Cakes & Cupcakes on Instagram
- polkadotsatx – Olga Lee – Owner of Polkadots Cupcake Factory
- sugarmamasatx – Olivia O’Neal – Owner of SugarMama’s Bakeshop
Austin Restaurants on Instagram
- chilantro – Chilantro BBQ (Jae Lee)
- cipollinabistro – Cipollina Bistro
- joscoffee – Jo’s Coffee
- kerbylanecafe – Kerby Lane Cafe
- torchytaco – Torchy’s Tacos
- uchikoaustin – Uchiko
- eastsideking – East Side King
- whollycowburgers – Wholly Cow Burgers
- ramentatsu_ya – Ramen Tatsu-ya
- Trento360 – Trento
- HillsideFarmacy – Hillside Farmacy
- GourdoughsPublicHouse – GourdoughsPublicHouse
- WinfloOsteria – Winflo Osteria
- cannolijoe – Cannoli Joe’s Italian restaurant
Even if the particular restaurant doesn’t have an Instagram account, if a photo you like is tagged by location, you can view all of the other photos taken at that same location. Take for example all of the photos on Instagram geotagged at Foreign and Domestic (note you may have to sign into Instagram for this web search to work).
What do you think of the list? Did we miss any of your favorites? Let us know in the comments and we’ll make sure to add them.